> Update on Sportster w/ big bore kit, Carb replaced, need to fine tune it
94XR900
post Feb 6 2016, 01:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,335
YEAR: 1994
MILES: 11,500

Well I put down 180$ for a "new" cv carb from Wincycles in Florida, it came with polished slide, 190/60 jets,
And brass inlets, had to drill out the plug to get access to the f-mixture screw, 1-vacuum port was only for spark advance and there was no canister port& no drain port on the float bowl, I plugged the vAcumm line to the canister, hooked up the spark advance and fuel inlet, turned on gas & the bike wouldn't start, drained the battery 3 times trying, while fiddling around w/ the a/f mixture, so off came the carb, I took the 180/45 jets out of the other CV, put them in the new one, turned the a/f screw out 2 full turns, put carb back on, vAcumm hoses back on, fuel on, crank it & BAM THE bike started, idle was real high, turned it down to 1000rpm and turned the a/f out another 1/4 turn, and that's where I'm at now, next is to fine tune the CV, all N all its running good, I got 2&0 miles on the big bore. Now, and I think I'll wait till 400 miles till I go full throttle!
Anyone have any knowledge as to going full throttle Fter 400 miles on the big bore pistons & rings? Thy are Ross racing pizstons with Hastings rings.
Any comments appreciated!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
94XR900
post May 23 2016, 10:29 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,335
YEAR: 1994
MILES: 11,500

Well now at 800 miles, rejected the carb to 170 main and 45slow, 2&1/2 turns out, bike is nice and quick in the street, but on the freeway it seems to be short on the top, I thinking of changing gears😠,more teeth in frt and rear, but if I opt for the top end gearing, I lose the street low end, can I jet up the carb to get more to lend out of the 1200 ?

+Quote Post
Blackcloud
post May 24 2016, 04:05 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: BOTM Winner's Circle
Member No.: 1,370
BIKE: FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide EFI
YEAR: 2009
MILES: 20,000
MILES: 50,500

I have no idea. You're over my pay grade on such things.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 10:27 AM
Harley Shop Talk Established 05/05/05
Painting By: Dave Barnhouse / Hadley House Publishing, All Rights Reserved
HARLEY SHOP TALK IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH HARLEY-DAVIDSON®, INC.
HARLEY SHOP TALK: IF WE AIN'T TALKIN' HARLEYS, WE'RE TALKIN' $#*%!