Jarhead
post Oct 2 2015, 07:23 AM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,524
BIKE: FLHX Street Glide
YEAR: 2015
MILES: Yes

Damn Bruce what did you do? It sounds like Karma caught you porkin her lil sister. I know it's a horrible economic plan but I've choosing to stay in dept and replace all of my rolling stock every 4-5 years.
I hate unleiable vehicals and I'm willing to pay to avoid them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fgowi
post Oct 2 2015, 07:36 AM
Post #42

Group Icon

Group: BOTM Winner's Circle
Member No.: 1,095
BIKE: FLTRSEI Screamin Eagle Road Glide
YEAR: 2001
MILES: 70,000
BIKE: ***** BAGGERS *****
YEAR: 1111
MILES: 1

Hey Robert. I sent her a text yesterday with a pic of a Heritage. Told her I traded the '11 for it. "It's yours". I said (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif) She's like, "It doesn't have enough bling." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

I hear ya', Greg. Drives me nuckin futs too!! But the one that broke yesterday is an '11. Just doesn't seem too ancient to me!! The '01. OK.

Well, the belt is hanging down!! Could be a lot worse. I don't know what was going tink tink tink last night. I was NOT in the mood to find out. I damn near tipped it over and torched the sumbitch!! Wonder if it's cut?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

So, anyone have a source for a 30 TOOTH final drive belt?? Some of y'all might remember, I lowered the ratio. Breaking outside my shop after I drove it to that spot is a positive I'll take away I guess. BUT, what I need is a positive to my wallet!!

+Quote Post
LoudnProud
post Oct 2 2015, 05:15 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

Member No.: 31
BIKE: FLSTCI Heritage Classic EFI
YEAR: 2003
MILES: 100100

A Heritage doesn't need bling.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

So a busted belt??? Damn, that sucks....

Sure your pooch didn't chew through the damn thing... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

+Quote Post
Blackcloud
post Oct 2 2015, 05:24 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,370
BIKE: FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide EFI
YEAR: 2009
MILES: 20,000
MILES: 50,500

Damn Bruce. I don't know to say that might relieve your suffering. If you want "Blackcloud" you can have it. But I know there's at least one other man on this planet that feels the way I felt when I adopted that name.
You must be doing something wrong. Did you slight a gypsy? Piss on a totem pole? Kick a black cat? WTF?

+Quote Post
Fgowi
post Oct 2 2015, 05:46 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Ah, you can keep it Mark. Jus kiddin' obviously. But, as I said... Dayum!!

Yeah, "T" says the belt is hanging down this morning. So, I thought it was broken. I was goonna play golf today so I just spent 10 seconds at the bike. The belt is NOT broken. Tranny sprocket must be gone! Belt's toucvhing the ground but won't come off. I'll get into it soon.

So I go play golf today. Came around to the 11th hole. Par three headed dead North into about a 45 mph NE wind!. 146 yards. Pulled a 6 iron. Played a huge hook. Hit it great. Damn ball slam dunks into the hole. Actually put a big scuff mark on it! Playing by myself so it doesn't mean shit. I was playing two balls since I'm following a threesome. Dropped another ball. Hit the same shot. Damn thing ended up 6 feet behind the hole and I made the putt. Three strokes, two balls!! Damn, I'm good!!! HA!!! Played Hi-ball, Lo-ball. Low ball was 72. High ball was 85. I'll take it for playing the windiest conditions I've played in, in decades!!

+Quote Post
Blackcloud
post Oct 2 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

I shot a 72 once. Then I moved to the 2nd tee box.
I suck at crooked stick dimple ball.
Try saying that 3 times real fast.

+Quote Post
Jarhead
post Oct 2 2015, 08:25 PM
Post #47

Damn good golf Bruce, I used to play a lot before I bought my first Harley, and it sound like Mark and I shoot about the same.

+Quote Post
badco_67
post Oct 5 2015, 10:07 AM
Post #48

Group Icon

Member No.: 840
BIKE: FLHRCI Road King Classic EFI
YEAR: 1999
MILES: 27000

wow, what a fucking circus the two of you have going on!

Sorry to hear about your troubles, and that T had to work through all that by herself, hope she didn't hurt herself in trying to keep the bike up. Don't feel bad T - I dropped my last month in the garage while I was cleaning it up, when I rotated the bars from one extreme to the other, she just fell right over. Thankfully I was not sitting on that side, I must have pushed too hard and the jiffy might not have been all the way out.

hope you all are recovered from your trip!

Bruce, isn't it nice to have a "shop project" when the weather turns too cool to do anything outside anyway???

+Quote Post
Fgowi
post Oct 5 2015, 05:04 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Good to hear from you Sean. Think of you daily. Worked inside all day today. In the basement. Nothing so exciting as working on a Harley. Which, BTW, I dispise nowaeays. Worked with wood all day. Yeah, I can still do that!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

Some of you may not know. And, you, Sean, may not even remember. First day out, on the way to Ty's, Sean called me about 8 8:30 pm. He says, as I remember, "Thought maybe an old man might need a wake up call about this time of day".

Anyway, obviously, I'll never forget it and pray everyday for you and your family!! Thanks again, Brother!!

+Quote Post
Night Rider
post Oct 6 2015, 08:04 AM
Post #50

Group Icon

Member No.: 989
BIKE: FLHT Electra Glide Standard
YEAR: 2005
MILES: 50000

QUOTE(Fgowi @ Oct 5 2015, 05:04 PM) *
blah blah blah .... Which, BTW, I dispise nowadays. Worked with wood all day. Yeah, I can still do that!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

did you not read the label on your blue pill prescription? After 4 hours you are supposed to get medical assistance for an erection lasting for that long ...

congrats either way ... I guess (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

+Quote Post
Spurrs
post Oct 6 2015, 08:24 AM
Post #51

Group Icon

Member No.: 691
BIKE: FLTR Road Glide
YEAR: 2017
MILES: Many

QUOTE(Night Rider @ Oct 6 2015, 08:04 AM) *
did you not read the label on your blue pill prescription? After 4 hours you are supposed to get medical assistance for an erection lasting for that long ...

congrats either way ... I guess (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

+Quote Post
LoudnProud
post Oct 6 2015, 09:02 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

Dayum, I'm impressed....

Beats the hell out of golf stories... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

+Quote Post
Fgowi
post Oct 6 2015, 04:47 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

+Quote Post
T14B
post Oct 12 2015, 07:25 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,785
MILES: not enough

GOOD NEWS x2

1. Pulled the spark plugs from the Yamaha and cleaned them, even though they didn't look bad. Blew out the air filter, even though it didn't look bad. Yamaha runs good now! Rode to work today - first time since I got back from vacation!

2. Bruce tore into the 11 RG yesterday and it IS just a broken belt! The break was tucked up in there hiding!

+Quote Post
Night Rider
post Oct 13 2015, 08:27 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

Member No.: 989
BIKE: FLHT Electra Glide Standard
MILES: 50000

QUOTE(T14B @ Oct 12 2015, 07:25 PM) *
GOOD NEWS x2

1. Pulled the spark plugs from the Yamaha and cleaned them, even though they didn't look bad. Blew out the air filter, even though it didn't look bad. Yamaha runs good now! Rode to work today - first time since I got back from vacation!

2. Bruce tore into the 11 RG yesterday and it IS just a broken belt! The break was tucked up in there hiding!

Great news all around ... still a few riding days left .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bike.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bike.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bike.gif)

+Quote Post
Blackcloud
post Oct 13 2015, 03:43 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

That's it? I'm seriously happy that's all it is, but I expected a much richer story to be told. All that trouble over those few things? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/banghead.gif)

+Quote Post
Fgowi
post Oct 19 2015, 06:41 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

Remember the Sonny and Cher tune, The Beat Goes On?

Yammie seemed to be running alright. Seriously, I didn't know why! She rode a few days. Last Friday it came home from her work on a trailer! DEAD! Battery is about a month old. I'm hoping after a load test it will haver been a bad battery. It's at the Indy as of this morning. I refuse!!

The '01 is at the Indy as well. He's going to evaluate welding the swing arm or replacing it. Probably going to replace.

The '11 will make it's trip to the Indy tomorrow. I'm NOT replacing the belt. Bought a Gates this time. A Falcon is what failed and, frankly, guys who have done the 30 tooth tranny sporcket with the 139 tooth belt have bitched about the Falcon failures. My Indy doesn't like Gates either. He tells me when I deliver the '01. He says that belt (139 tooth, 1 inch wide , 1/2 inch pitch (well OK, 11 mm).

So, obviously, "T" is not riding to work. Took the Jimmy. Has a wake to go to this evening. She calls at 4 as she's leaving work a bit early. Sudden brake failure a couple weeks after replacing two lines. One of which failed catostrophically. The other failed upon testing the system after replacing the first line!

We have 2 pick ups, 3 motorcycles and a Ford Edge. Right now the Edge is the only operable vehicle we own!!

Guess I'm gonna tag the Polaris Ranger!!! Honest, these vehicles are NOT, more accurately SHOULD NOT, be junk!! Maybe I need a calibration myself!!

Oh, one last thing (probably not).... FUCK HARLEY!!!!!!!! From what I've read they should have recalled the '01 due to it's certain to fail swing arm!!!

+Quote Post
Blackcloud
post Oct 19 2015, 07:52 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

Damn Bruce. Sorry to hear it. You must have pissed off a Gypsy woman, or kicked her dog, or something.

It's gotta get better.

+Quote Post
LoudnProud
post Oct 20 2015, 01:02 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

Damn, Bruce....

It'll get better....

Just curious about the Belt/Sprocket was that to lower rpm's????

Is going back to the stock set up an option????

The stock Harley belts seem to hold up forever...

+Quote Post
Buck
post Oct 20 2015, 01:21 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

Member No.: 55
BIKE: FLHRCI Road King Classic EFI
YEAR: 2004
MILES: 63000

Sheesh Bruce, maybe you should change your screen name from Fgowi to Joe Btfsplk..........

(IMG:http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID5699/images/lil_abner_article(1).jpg)

Remember, the invite to trailer up to here and ride these roads is always open. Clay and Sara will probably join you.

+Quote Post
Fgowi
post Oct 20 2015, 02:22 PM
Post #61

Group Icon

Sure. Going back stock is always an option. I won't do it. I'm not sure why it failed. Falcon belt is my opinion. Lowering the gear ratio makes 6th gear worth having. It's not worth having stock. It will barely pull itself on flat ground! I love the new set up. It's about a 10% difference. In other words, if speedo says 70, GPS reads about 63.

However, when I did it changing the transmission sporcket was the hot ticket. Nowadays there are way better solutions like changing primary gearing to achieve the same thing.

You know, I do really realize that having as many vehicles as we do is NOT afforded to everyone. And, we can afford to fix the damn things. Still, it's a royal pain.

How 'bout GM recall their POS trucks with built in failing brake lines! How 'bout Harley recalling all '01 swing arms of the type that is on my Roadie. I wonder how many people have died because of that POS! Not enough, obviously!! ALL dealers... first thing they look at on an '01! Sure glad they did in this case. But, clearly Harley does not give a shit about its customers. Live or die? No shit to give! How the hell it ever got past testing (NONE) is stunning. Complete shit design that I surely did not know about.

This post has been edited by Fgowi: Oct 20 2015, 02:24 PM

+Quote Post
Jarhead
post Oct 20 2015, 05:16 PM
Post #62

I remember when you where changing your gear ratio, you saying 6th gear was worthless. Both my bikes seem to work fine in 6th over about 65 MPH, The damn street glide ride's so smooth and effortlessly that I forget to up shift, more then once I've noticed that I'm running 75 down the highway still in 4th gear, something that would never happen on the Softail.

It's a changing world and nobody seams to give a fuck about anything besides the profit line, It took every bit of disiplen I ever had to not go full blown postal on my local dealership after I bought the new bike, I told them they had lost a customer for life there response was that there are new bodys walking through the door ever day no loss.

Im surprised there is no class action law suit about the swing arms, lawsuits affect profit so they bring change.

+Quote Post
Fgowi
post Oct 20 2015, 07:19 PM
Post #63

Group Icon

Hey Buck. Been thinking about that UP footage Linda took since I saw it. Giood music playing too!! Which in turn makes me think of an old frined I've lost track of. His Grand Dad was a cinematographer during the silent movie days. Had a cabin in Three Lakes. Helped him shut it down a couple early Octobers in a row. Absolurely beautiful!! And, you should have seen some of the memorabilia in it!

There is a guy on xdtalk lives in the UP. Talks it UP (pun intended) quite a bit. Good guy. He looked up the "born on" date on those two S&W wheel guns I acquired.

Gots to get up there someday!!!

+Quote Post
Ordy
post Dec 8 2015, 09:16 AM
Post #64

Group Icon

Member No.: 24
BIKE: FLHTI Electra Glide Standard EFI
YEAR: 2006
MILES: 22,400
BIKE: FLHTI Electra Glide Standard EFI
YEAR: 2006
MILES: 22,400

Still riding.

Yesterday, on my way to work, go to shift and the shifter arm flops down. The forward shifter. Make it to work wondering, "what the fuck now?!".

Took a look at it at work and turns out the rod, that has the spleens, that holds both shifters is bent and the spleens will not hold the shifters. Not a big deal, ordered a new rod from JPCycles.com and moved the shifter arms out, in order to catch the available spleens on the rod. Tightened the fuck out of the 1/4 inch hex nuts. Still riding.

The fucking hits just keep on coming.

Gave a stab at adjusting my idle/throttle cables. Idle cable won't adjust. Remember on my Deuce if I adjusted the idle cable too tight the throttle would stick. No matter how far down I go on the adjuster the throttle stays the same. Maybe the cables too big? I don't know. The hits just keep on coming. May be time to take to my indy.

Ride safe
Ordy

+Quote Post
Fgowi
post Dec 8 2015, 09:28 AM
Post #65

Group Icon

It does never end, does it.

Supposed to be 59* today. Sun is shining bright right now. Guess what. Heavy ass snow blade is blocking my bike's way out! Guess I could roach my back again! Might be worth it!! lol

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2017 - 10:41 AM
Harley Shop Talk Established 05/05/05
Painting By: Dave Barnhouse / Hadley House Publishing, All Rights Reserved
HARLEY SHOP TALK IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH HARLEY-DAVIDSON®, INC.
HARLEY SHOP TALK: IF WE AIN'T TALKIN' HARLEYS, WE'RE TALKIN' $#*%!