Post #1

Group Icon

Group: BOTM Winner's Circle
Member No.: 989
BIKE: FLHT Electra Glide Standard
YEAR: 2005
MILES: 50000

Adli ...

Well how's this sound. Night rider and I are rolling to San Marcos Tx Saturday/Sunday July 11-12 from Peoria. We're hangin in San Marcos for a day or 2. Then it's NE to Eminence MO to ride sections of the Ozark Mountains. I'm securing accommodations for 3 couples and 4 singles at River side Cabins and Motel in Eminence MO. I've found a great site with several very scenic rides mapped out. Cabins/rooms are only for 14,15 & 16th. We would have to move to Mountain View, MO (34mi) away for Friday the 17th then everyone heads home on Saturday. All nights are less than $80. If you're interested please post it here asap. Lodging is hard to come by so time is of the essence. ✌

Who's in?

(1) Adli
(1) Nightrider
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adli
post May 26 2015, 01:11 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,698
BIKE: FLTR Road Glide
YEAR: 2012
MILES: 18000

I talked to Seahag and his magnanimous maiden and they are in😎👍

+Quote Post
SeaHag
post May 26 2015, 06:25 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 224
AKA:Dragon Slayer
BIKE: FLTRI Road Glide EFI
MILES: 47,000 +

QUOTE(Adli @ May 26 2015, 01:11 PM) *
I talked to Seahag and his magnanimous maiden and they are in😎👍

We have one and possibly two couples who are riding friends of ours, who have never partaken in a HST rally, who are putting strong consideration into attending. I believe one couple more likely than the other to come through.

Could you post up some information about the lodging you are looking at and the site with all the motorcycle routes?...something we could share with our friends to get them excited?

If things work out for us like I'd hope, we'll spend Wednesday night at Spurr's place on the way down Wednesday and finish the route to the Ozarks Thursday morning.

Gary- You said you put a deposit on some rooms. I assume you reserved one for us already?...or do we need to book too?

+Quote Post
Adli
post May 26 2015, 07:06 PM
Post #4

The place is riversidemotelonline.com I've reserved cabin V (2 bedrooms with a queen in each room), Cabin 7 with 1 queen bed, and 4 motel rooms ( some of these are 2 bed rooms). The routes I am looking at are @ motorcycleozarks.com

Cabin V. Clay/Sara - Robert/Anita
Cabin 7 Bruce/T
Room 1 Adli/Jack-"the motorcycle coaster guy"
Room 2 Nightrider/ Sick puppy
Room 3 Sammy/ ?
Room 4 ?

I don't know whether Robert/Anita, Bruce/T, Tom, or Sammy are in, but they got dibs.

The Only place I could find for Friday is the Honey Suckle Motel, in Mountain View, MO about 35 miles away. I haven't made any arrangements there yet.

+Quote Post
Sick_Puppy
post May 26 2015, 07:15 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 52
AKA:HST Spiritual Advisor
BIKE: FXSTS Springer Softail
YEAR: 1984
MILES: 220251

Sounds interesting, heart of the Ozarks. Need to get bike running 1st.

+Quote Post
Sick_Puppy
post May 26 2015, 07:39 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

I'm in, rode thru the Ozark's numerous times in the past but never hung around for a few daze!

+Quote Post
Adli
post May 26 2015, 07:59 PM
Post #7

That's great to hear Tom. I was going to suggest one of the facebookers contact Sandra, but I don't know where she could fly-in, or the logistics of the to and from. This place is pretty near "nowhere".

+Quote Post
Sick_Puppy
post May 26 2015, 08:11 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Spent a night in Poplar Bluff and passed thru Mountain View on a past trip, neat country. This area was a popular vacation hide-out with the gangster's in the 30's. Also it's only 1,000 miles (easy 2 day run) out I-64. Lemmie know if I need to make any reservations.

This post has been edited by Sick_Puppy: May 26 2015, 08:13 PM

+Quote Post
Adli
post May 26 2015, 08:39 PM
Post #9

You and Nightrider got a 2 bed motel room for Tuesday-Thursday, Friday is still up in the air.

+Quote Post
SeaHag
post May 27 2015, 10:25 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

I chatted with Sandra and provided the links this morning. She is interested in attending. She needs to know what airport she'd fly into and what kind of accommodations to arrange. ..whether sharing space or going solo; so she can figure out costs.

+Quote Post
Adli
post May 27 2015, 12:06 PM
Post #11

I'll check when I get home. I think Little Rock would be the closest, as for lodging,one of the Motel rooms is hers. If she flies into LR I or Nightrider could pick her up on our way North, but getting her back to fly out could be problematic.

+Quote Post
Adli
post May 27 2015, 12:09 PM
Post #12

I'll check when I get home. I think Little Rock would be the closest, as for lodging,one of the Motel rooms is hers. If she flies into LR I or Nightrider could pick her up on our way North, but getting her back to fly out could be problematic.

+Quote Post
Blackcloud
post May 27 2015, 07:03 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,370
BIKE: FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide EFI
YEAR: 2009
MILES: 20,000
MILES: 50,500

I think Springfield, MO airport is closer.

+Quote Post
SeaHag
post Jun 2 2015, 12:30 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

So talking with Gary today, I learned we missed out on our chance to secure Friday lodging in the Ozarks. With the fastest route to Emminence being 602 miles of interstate hammering, our group from Minnesota just won't have the time to make it down to the Ozarks in time to do any touring of the area before we turn around and head back to HST central in Peoria, Ill. My wife's coworker, also works that Tuesday night before we can leave Wednesday morning so pushing straight through Wednesday is not an option.

What we plan to do instead then is take a much more relaxed tour starting Wednesday to tour the driftless zone of Wisconsin down into the Galena Illinois area; with plans to arrive at HST central Friday to catch up with those members who follow the rally back north. It would be GREAT if Buck & Dot could take a little time off work that week to zip around their region with us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bike.gif)

Sara and I even mentioned maybe staying at the Silent Lady Inn again where we were for the HST Midwest Gypsy Tour a few years back. That place had a lot of character and wasn't expensive.

+Quote Post
Fgowi
post Jun 2 2015, 08:31 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,095
BIKE: FLTRSEI Screamin Eagle Road Glide
YEAR: 2001
MILES: 70,000
BIKE: ***** BAGGERS *****
YEAR: 1111
MILES: 1

Hey Tom. You know you're always welcome to come here "on the way" and ride down with anyone that might be here.
Edit: Oh, we intend, if everything works out for us, to ride to Hannibal then south. NOT gonna ride the superslabs. It's about 40 miles farther.

This post has been edited by Fgowi: Jun 2 2015, 08:33 AM

+Quote Post
SeaHag
post Jun 3 2015, 03:53 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Hey Bruce and "T"- How are lodging arrangements for the portion of the rally back at HST central? It looks like we have another couple friends looking to get in on this trip [yay for new blood!] That would be 3 couples on 3 bikes in our group coming from the north and meeting you guys at your place on Friday. Is that going to work?

I sure hope to see some of the others who will make it to the Ozarks...so don't you all go home right after the Ozarks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bike.gif)

Oh...and we're looking for good affordable lodging options in the Galena/Savanah Ill area for Thursday night if you've got any suggestions.

This post has been edited by SeaHag: Jun 3 2015, 03:54 AM

+Quote Post
SeaHag
post Jun 9 2015, 05:49 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

So what happened to this thread? Are all the plans being made in private now? Our northern contingent has our motel rooms booked and routes planned to get us to HST central HQ Friday afternoon and it sounds like Spurrs will be doing his best to make it there Friday as well.

Are we going to do any riding Saturday or just hang out and enjoy each other's company? I imagine after a few days of riding, we would be fine just enjoying the beauty of our host's property. We've got a 7 hour journey home Sunday anyway.

+Quote Post
Night Rider
post Jun 9 2015, 09:12 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

I honestly do not know ... I am just a participant.

I do not think there are any "private plans" ... just not many peeps posting about anything (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shocking.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bike.gif)
(* who is coming etc ... just not many communications ... *)

+Quote Post
LoudnProud
post Jun 9 2015, 09:34 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 31
BIKE: FLSTCI Heritage Classic EFI
YEAR: 2003
MILES: 100100

I'm just watching for now....

Waiting and Looking forward for Gary and Mike to get here on Sunday....

Not sure if we'll even make it to the Ozarks ourselves....

Hard to plan stuff now that I have to take care of my Dad, and Anita just started working so no vacation time yet.... Still trying to finish up my house projects that have been going on for far too long.... I can go on and on but I think I'll just sit here and drink....lol

+Quote Post
SeaHag
post Jun 10 2015, 01:09 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Who all will be coming to Peoria anyway? For that matter, the only assurance I have that they are hosting the last couple days is Gary's mention of it. Haven't seen FGOWI post anything yet...

This may end up being a smaller rally, but Sara and I are sure looking forward to seeing the HST extended family again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bike.gif)

+Quote Post
Adli
post Jun 10 2015, 06:14 AM
Post #21

I guess it's going to be a rather small group in the Ozarks. With L&P being a solid maybe it's shaping up to be Me, Michael, B&T, Jack (the coaster guy), Tom and possibly Sandra. I'm kinda surprised that we've not heard from Sam (hope all is well). Jack will not be heading to HST Central, but once we land there, the group will grow considerably with the Northern contingent. It looks like I rented more rooms than we need, so, whoever is "in" for the Ozarks portion please speak up before Monday 6/15 because I'm going to be canceling the reservations for the rooms not spoken for. Robert, you and Anita have a room in the riverside cabin, if you can't make it, I'll stay there instead of one of the motel rooms. I thought if I stepped up, found a nice area to ride and secured lodging it would simplify things enough to draw more peeps. Maybe next year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
SeaHag
post Jun 10 2015, 06:30 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

I really appreciate the effort you put into trying to make this come together Gary. I would have loved to join everyone in the Ozarks; but this rally was kinda fucked for me from the moment HDMark changed the dates to suit the availability of the house.

We'd originally decided in 2013, at Mike's rally to do the Sturgis rally for 2015, so I'd requested and had been approved for the first two weeks off in August. If you want any chance at securing summer vacation where I work, you better put in for it as soon as it opens up a year out or you're not gonna have any left. So when in late August the rally dates were switched to July, I was shit out of luck getting my days off needed to make it that far away. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

I'll be putting in for July vacation in a few more weeks for next year in hopes of hosting a rally to Minnesota. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bike.gif)

+Quote Post
Adli
post Jun 10 2015, 07:28 AM
Post #23

Trust me I understand how life can get in the way of recreation. My comment wasn't intended to be a solicitation, I did what I did because I REALLY look forward to seeing the HST peeps and it truly wasn't a ton of work on my part. But if anyone can be blamed for this rally not materializing it's you Seahag. What a fuck stick LOL😜. For me, hours of planning and days of riding are worth even seconds of hang time with you guys 👍😇. It's all good. And off the subject, I'm ridin to Kalamazoo this weekend for an antique bike show at the Gilmore museum, so if there's HST folks in that area hit me up and maybe we can get together for a ride or food.

+Quote Post
Sick_Puppy
post Jun 10 2015, 11:39 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

Everyone showing up @ Emminance on Tue afternoon/evening? It's a easy 2 day run for me down I-81 for 100 miles and then a right turn clyde @ Lexington Va to Lexington, Ky on I64 then down the Blue Grass Parkway thru Cairo and Poplar Bluff. (Unless it rains' there).

+Quote Post
Night Rider
post Jun 10 2015, 11:47 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

I am hoping to see as many HST peeps as possible ...

+Quote Post
LoudnProud
post Jun 10 2015, 05:46 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

July 2016 ???? Minnesota HST Rally..... Sounds Good.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Do they sell Mexican Food in MN or do I have to bring my own Tacos??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

+Quote Post
dot
post Jun 10 2015, 05:49 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Member No.: 766

You'd be in luck L&P! There is a large contingent of Mexican folks in the twin cities...pretty sure your tacos will be available! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
LoudnProud
post Jun 10 2015, 05:54 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

OK, I'm in....

Thanks, Dot....

Good to see you unless it's Buck in disguise then it's good to see you too, Buck.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
SeaHag
post Jun 10 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

QUOTE(LoudnProud @ Jun 10 2015, 05:46 PM) *
July 2016 ???? Minnesota HST Rally..... Sounds Good.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Do they sell Mexican Food in MN or do I have to bring my own Tacos??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

We have grocery stores if you want to show us how to cook up some authentic cuisine. Remember, I missed out on all the food at your rally because of the monsoon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/down.gif)

+Quote Post
LoudnProud
post Jun 10 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

How can I ever forget????

It wasn't my fault fucker.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

That's a thought though.... I've never had any chicken enchiladas better than the ones that Anita can whip up.... Maybe she and Dot can have a Enchilada Throw Down... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Sick_Puppy
post Jun 11 2015, 08:56 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Should I bring any "liquid refreshments"?

+Quote Post
Spurrs
post Jun 11 2015, 10:04 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

Member No.: 691
YEAR: 2017
MILES: Many

QUOTE(Sick_Puppy @ Jun 11 2015, 07:56 AM) *

Well duh!

+Quote Post
Night Rider
post Jun 11 2015, 10:12 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

QUOTE(SeaHag @ Jun 10 2015, 06:22 PM) *
We have grocery stores if you want to show us how to cook up some authentic cuisine. Remember, I missed out on all the food at your rally because of the monsoon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/down.gif)

BTW ... that was REALLY good food ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) I am surprised we were able to step-up and eat that much ...

QUOTE(Sick_Puppy @ Jun 11 2015, 08:56 AM) *

rhetorical question??

+Quote Post
Adli
post Jun 15 2015, 07:40 PM
Post #34

I spoke with Bruce and he and T will be staying in Missouri for the entire weekend to see Caroline's family, so, HST central will NOT be available as a gathering place. I've looked at available lodging/gathering locations on line and have pretty much struck out. Apparently, the Peoria area isn't the vacation Mecca I thought it was, so options are limited. At this point I'm at a loss. Clay, what has your group set up for accommodations?

+Quote Post
Sick_Puppy
post Jun 15 2015, 09:00 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Couple of day's is better than nothing......should get in Tue afternoon/evening and head back out Friday morning. Have some "peach juice" I'm bringing along.

+Quote Post
SeaHag
post Jun 16 2015, 12:12 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

QUOTE(Adli @ Jun 15 2015, 07:40 PM) *
I spoke with Bruce and he and T will be staying in Missouri for the entire weekend to see Caroline's family, so, HST central will NOT be available as a gathering place. I've looked at available lodging/gathering locations on line and have pretty much struck out. Apparently, the Peoria area isn't the vacation Mecca I thought it was, so options are limited. At this point I'm at a loss. Clay, what has your group set up for accommodations?

Well I guess that explains why Bruce and Caroline were not responding with any details here....DAMN! Well, I guess I will see about adding some mileage and essentially recreating our own Midwest Gypsy tour.

If Buck and Dot are still following this, my first thought is to head back north into Wisconsin on Friday and hook up with them. Perhaps we can stay out at their country cottage and do some more driftless riding with them that Friday/Saturday???

+Quote Post
Buck
post Jun 16 2015, 05:09 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

Member No.: 55
BIKE: FLHRCI Road King Classic EFI
YEAR: 2004
MILES: 63000

QUOTE(SeaHag @ Jun 16 2015, 12:12 AM) *
If Buck and Dot are still following this, my first thought is to head back north into Wisconsin on Friday and hook up with them. Perhaps we can stay out at their country cottage and do some more driftless riding with them that Friday/Saturday???

That could maybe work. You know you folks are always welcome. I'll have Dot check the calender.

+Quote Post
SeaHag
post Jun 17 2015, 02:47 AM
Post #38

Group Icon

QUOTE(Buck @ Jun 16 2015, 05:09 AM) *
That could maybe work. You know you folks are always welcome. I'll have Dot check the calender.

Hope you and Dot are free that weekend Buck. You may be the only HST peeps we get to see this run the way it's going. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
Adli
post Jun 17 2015, 07:36 AM
Post #39

Clay, Where is your group staying Thursday night? I may try to hammer up on Friday to hopefully catch up with you for Friday night and Saturday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

+Quote Post
SeaHag
post Jun 18 2015, 02:02 AM
Post #40

Group Icon

QUOTE(Adli @ Jun 17 2015, 07:36 AM) *
Clay, Where is your group staying Thursday night? I may try to hammer up on Friday to hopefully catch up with you for Friday night and Saturday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

I believe it is the Best Western in Galena Illinois. Depending how things work out setting something up with Buck and Dot, we may stay in the area another night.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 09:40 PM
Harley Shop Talk Established 05/05/05
Painting By: Dave Barnhouse / Hadley House Publishing, All Rights Reserved
HARLEY SHOP TALK IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH HARLEY-DAVIDSON®, INC.
HARLEY SHOP TALK: IF WE AIN'T TALKIN' HARLEYS, WE'RE TALKIN' $#*%!