> New HighWay Bars!!!!!!
BDX2
post Dec 13 2011, 12:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,941
YEAR: 2012
MILES: 2500

Just put my first lump of cash into my 5 month old bike, and theres more to come.

Installed the rear blinker running light kit, not the blinkers act with the brake, and are constantly on. I think it's a great cheap addition.

I also put a mount on for my handleld GPS. It has U.S. roadmaps and comes in handy. Uses rechargeable batteries. I may upgrade to a better setup, or at least plug it into a 12 volt, but for now it's good.

Put a set of standard HD highway bars on and couldn't be happies. I think they look great and really add to the bike's appearance and function.

Also put a cheap E-bay luggage rack on the back. I'm not so sure about that. Now it's on and it looks kinda flimsy, not in theme with the rest of the bike.

At the dealer, they talked me into the HD 5" extension mounts, since I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam. I bought the extended black rubber pegs.

I was able to get a nice positioning with the mounts, down low, can use it as a toe rest or stretch out. They look OK but I've heard so many other people my height say that the 360 pegs work great for them, do the same thing. These mounts are OK, but do you think the 360's would look nicer and do the same job with less metal????

I can still return the 5" mounts for a few days, so that's why I'm asking.

Thanks,

Joe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoudnProud
post Dec 13 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: BOTM Winner's Circle
Member No.: 31
BIKE: FLSTCI Heritage Classic EFI
YEAR: 2003
MILES: 100100

What are these 5" extension mounts that you are referring too????

Do you mean Highway Pegs???

I had to go look at your intro because I didn't know what kind of bike your were talking about but now I you have a Heritage so I'm assuming your talking about highway pegs mounted on your Engine Guard... Right???

If you are and they're comfortable for you keep'em if you have to reach for them because there not adjustable then you may want to consider switching to the 360 rotating ones to bring them closer to you...

The ones I have aren't adjustable but they allow for different foot placement. I can rest my feet on them with my knees slightly bent or I can stretch my leg and rest my ankle on the peg. On long trips they are worth their weight in gold.

Welcome to Harley Shop Talk!!! (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
T14B
post Dec 14 2011, 02:35 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,785
YEAR: 2005
MILES: not enough

These guys need pics

and lots of em

and they don't want to see you sitting on the bike......... (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

+Quote Post
LoudnProud
post Dec 14 2011, 05:21 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 31
BIKE: FLSTCI Heritage Classic EFI
YEAR: 2003
MILES: 100100

Yep..... (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/XmasROFL.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2017 - 06:28 PM
Harley Shop Talk Established 05/05/05
Painting By: Dave Barnhouse / Hadley House Publishing, All Rights Reserved
HARLEY SHOP TALK IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH HARLEY-DAVIDSON®, INC.
HARLEY SHOP TALK: IF WE AIN'T TALKIN' HARLEYS, WE'RE TALKIN' $#*%!