Post #1

Group Icon

Group: BOTM Winner's Circle
Member No.: 329
BIKE: FLHRC Road King Classic
YEAR: 2004
MILES: 90000
BIKE: FLHRCI Road King Classic EFI

I was thinkn about the heated gear. with the charging problems on the 04 model kings . I was concerned.
Like Bam I have a friend with a 04 custom king that had the same charging problem. I was wondering about the amps the heated gear pulls on the charging system. or should I not be concerned at all. JimmyZ
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blackdeuce
post Nov 7 2008, 11:22 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 87
BIKE: FLHRS Road King Custom
YEAR: 2006
MILES: -

I have a Gerbing jacket, gloves, and the dual controller. It works fine on my 2004 Road King. But, I haven't had any problems with my charging system.

Spurrs borrowed my heated gear and took it out West. I'm curious to see what he thinks about it. I like it, but the shit ain't cheap.

+Quote Post
JIMMYZ
post Nov 7 2008, 11:37 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Aint CHEAP is right BD. I was lookn in a motorsport book and it figured about 600 bucks?

+Quote Post
Blackdeuce
post Nov 7 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE(JIMMYZ @ Nov 7 2008, 10:37 AM) *
Aint CHEAP is right BD. I was lookn in a motorsport book and it figured about 600 bucks?

I was thinking that I paid around $500, but I could be wrong. I couldn't find anyone on the internet that offered much of a discount, so I bought the gear at a large Honda dealer in Lincoln. Same price as on line. I'm glad I bought it locally, because I would have ordered the wrong sizes.

Rick called on Wednesday after he had gone through security at the airport. He carried it on the plane with him. He said they really looked over the jacket. I wondered if he would have trouble since the jacket is full of wires, etc.

This post has been edited by Blackdeuce: Nov 7 2008, 11:47 AM

+Quote Post
BlackTuna
post Nov 7 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,925
BIKE: FLHTI Electra Glide Standard EFI
YEAR: 2002
MILES: 34000

BD, the etc. might have been the Box Cutter you slipped into the lining.

+Quote Post
Blackdeuce
post Nov 7 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE(BlackTuna @ Nov 7 2008, 11:04 AM) *
BD, the etc. might have been the Box Cutter you slipped into the lining.

Actually, it was a swithblade. I couldn't find a box cutter. (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

+Quote Post
Big_Ty
post Nov 7 2008, 12:20 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 82
BIKE: FLTRI Road Glide EFI
YEAR: 2005
MILES: 95000
BIKE: FLSTFI Fat Boy EFI
YEAR: 2003
MILES: 66000

I used to have the whole package ,pants, jacket,gloves, socks .............. sent sick the pants because i only used them twice in 2 or 3 years. Sick I will send you the socks too if you want them. jacket and gloves is enough for Nor Cal. my 03 and my 05 never had a charging problem

+Quote Post
Sick_Puppy
post Nov 11 2008, 07:51 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 52
AKA:HST Spiritual Advisor
BIKE: FXSTS Springer Softail
YEAR: 1984
MILES: 220251

Bought a Gerbing jacket/gloves combo few months ago. Ran it out to St Louis and it worked great. High in the mid 50's and I had to keep adjusting the thermostat down at interstate speeds. The power connector runs parallel to your battery and I haven't had any problems on mine (22 amp stator). Have the pants also that Ty "loaned" me but haven't run the whole nine yards yet. Actualy I stayed pretty warm without them but will try the whole outfit out on my Polaris ATV this winter. The ATV will be a big test as I was told the whole outfit draws around 5-6 amps at full heat and I'm knot sure what the alternator on the ATV is rated for. It sure is nice to have warm hands while riding in cool weather! Tom
Attached File(s)
Attached File  StCharles020.jpg ( 90.5k ) Number of downloads: 7

+Quote Post
JIMMYZ
post Nov 11 2008, 09:20 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Thanks for the update Tom. It was on my mind since COOLER weather was on its way.

+Quote Post
SeaHag
post Nov 11 2008, 09:37 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 224
AKA:Dragon Slayer
MILES: 47,000 +

I have a theory on prolonging the life of your stators...mind you its only my opinion.

Heat is the #1 enemy of electrical components...so look for ways to pull heat from the areas adjacent to your stator. Since your stator is sandwiched between the engine case wall and the inner primary, doing whatever you can to reduce heat in those areas should help prolong the life of your stator. Synthetic oils have been reported to lower engine operating temps by 10-20*...add an oil cooler and you can easily bump that up to 30-40*. Both my bikes run oil coolers and syn oil and I haven't had a stator problem yet...coincidence??? I don't know.

I also have a theory that lighter weight oils shed heat quicker than a thicker, more viscous weight....which is another reason I promote using ATF type F transmission fluid in the primary.

And if you should suffer a stator failure, buy yourself the cycleelectrics replacement parts. They have a reputation for much higher quality and lifespans. I've actually considered buying it ahead of time just in case and having it on hand for that eventuality.

+Quote Post
HDROADGLIDE
post Nov 11 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 47
AKA:Uses Thunderheaders on his bike AND in his shorts.
BIKE: FLTR Road Glide
MILES: NOT ENOUGH.
BIKE: FLSTN Nostalgia and Softail Deluxe
YEAR: 2008
MILES: 5,425

CLAY I HAVE ALMOST 60,000 MILES ON MY BIKE AND I RIDE WITH THE LOWERS ON ALL THE TIME! NO SYNTHETIC OIL, AND REGULAR TRANNY FLUID AND PRIMARY OILS!!! WHAT GIVES???? SHUDDA HAD PROBLEMS BY NOW DONTCHA THINK??? MAYBE I JUST GOT LUCKY!! (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

+Quote Post
badco_67
post Nov 11 2008, 01:49 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 840
YEAR: 1999
MILES: 27000

QUOTE(SeaHag @ Nov 11 2008, 09:37 AM) *
I have a theory on prolonging the life of your stators...mind you its only my opinion.

Heat is the #1 enemy of electrical components...so look for ways to pull heat from the areas adjacent to your stator. Since your stator is sandwiched between the engine case wall and the inner primary, doing whatever you can to reduce heat in those areas should help prolong the life of your stator. Synthetic oils have been reported to lower engine operating temps by 10-20*...add an oil cooler and you can easily bump that up to 30-40*. Both my bikes run oil coolers and syn oil and I haven't had a stator problem yet...coincidence??? I don't know.

I also have a theory that lighter weight oils shed heat quicker than a thicker, more viscous weight....which is another reason I promote using ATF type F transmission fluid in the primary.

And if you should suffer a stator failure, buy yourself the cycleelectrics replacement parts. They have a reputation for much higher quality and lifespans. I've actually considered buying it ahead of time just in case and having it on hand for that eventuality.

Most of the oils we use, synthetic or not, are multigrade, they have viscosity modifiers to adjust the oil's viscosity as a function of temperature. think of a coiled molecule that unravels with temperature to 'boost viscosity'. The oils thermal conductivity would be the determining performance property, this will be somewhat unique to each type of oil. I don't think viscosity plays much of apart in heat transfer. However, I would also guess that the thermal conductivity is fairly similar across the range of 'oils' we use and so the variation probably is minimal as compared to the other suggestions you made: use a synthetic and add an oil cooler. I have read where synthetic oils have a higher temperature range before thermal breakdown begins, so obviously avoiding degradation of the cooling media is good. You are right though that lowering temperature with cooler and using an oil with the appropriate temperature range are most important for reducing heat related wear.

+Quote Post
Spurrs
post Nov 14 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 691
YEAR: 2017
MILES: Many

QUOTE(Blackdeuce @ Nov 7 2008, 10:22 AM) *
I have a Gerbing jacket, gloves, and the dual controller. It works fine on my 2004 Road King. But, I haven't had any problems with my charging system.

Spurrs borrowed my heated gear and took it out West. I'm curious to see what he thinks about it. I like it, but the shit ain't cheap.

I have to say a big THANKS to Steve for UPS'ing me his heated gear for my LA/Tombstone run. Mid 40's leaving LA on Friday AM and mid 30's leaving Tombstone on Sunday AM. Riding dark to dark and man, was that stuff great! My brother and I were each on Road Kings and after the second stop his hands were numb and I was friggin' TOASTY. The biggest problem I had was making sure the controller was at the lowest possible setting so I didn't sweat.

I might not have need the stuff if I was on an Ultra, but definitely appreciated it on the Road King. Thanks again, Steve. The stuff was shipped back yesterday.

+Quote Post
Blackdeuce
post Nov 14 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE(Spurrs @ Nov 14 2008, 09:34 AM) *
I have to say a big THANKS to Steve for UPS'ing me his heated gear for my LA/Tombstone run. Mid 40's leaving LA on Friday AM and mid 30's leaving Tombstone on Sunday AM. Riding dark to dark and man, was that stuff great! My brother and I were each on Road Kings and after the second stop his hands were numb and I was friggin' TOASTY. The biggest problem I had was making sure the controller was at the lowest possible setting so I didn't sweat.

I might not have need the stuff if I was on an Ultra, but definitely appreciated it on the Road King. Thanks again, Steve. The stuff was shipped back yesterday.

Glad it worked for you, Rick!

+Quote Post
Walkafire
post Nov 14 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #15

Group: Members
Member No.: 127
MILES: Way too many or Not ENOUGH!

Anyone use a Battery Heated Glove?

I have seen some rechargable batteries for these things.

Anyone?

(IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/bike.gif)

+Quote Post
Blackdeuce
post Nov 14 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE(Spurrs @ Nov 14 2008, 09:34 AM) *

The gear showed up this afternoon. You sent an extra cable, though. It's labeled "use for optional vibrating butt plug". WTF is that and why is there Vaseline on everything? (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

+Quote Post
xusnatc
post Nov 14 2008, 06:47 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 313
BIKE: FLHTC Electra Glide Classic
MILES: 12300

What ever happened to good ole fashion Long Johns ?

Jeeeeeeeze !

+Quote Post
JIMMYZ
post Nov 14 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE(xusnatc @ Nov 14 2008, 05:47 PM) *
What ever happened to good ole fashion Long Johns ?

Jeeeeeeeze !

And Brown boots?? (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

+Quote Post
xusnatc
post Nov 14 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Yes,...............and some Brown fucking boots !

+Quote Post
Ordy
post Nov 16 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 24
MILES: 22,400

QUOTE(Sick_Puppy @ Nov 11 2008, 07:51 AM) *
Bought a Gerbing jacket/gloves combo few months ago. Ran it out to St Louis and it worked great. High in the mid 50's and I had to keep adjusting the thermostat down at interstate speeds. The power connector runs parallel to your battery and I haven't had any problems on mine (22 amp stator). Have the pants also that Ty "loaned" me but haven't run the whole nine yards yet. Actualy I stayed pretty warm without them but will try the whole outfit out on my Polaris ATV this winter. The ATV will be a big test as I was told the whole outfit draws around 5-6 amps at full heat and I'm knot sure what the alternator on the ATV is rated for. It sure is nice to have warm hands while riding in cool weather! Tom

Sick: Don't do it brudder..... I have the full jacket and gloves and I was told that the charging system on my 03 Deuce would only support two items at one time. I'd check before plugging in the whole maggila to your bike.

Ride safe
Ordy

+Quote Post
Ordy
post Nov 16 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 24

Sorry, double post.

This post has been edited by Ordy: Nov 16 2008, 04:59 PM

+Quote Post
JIMMYZ
post Dec 18 2008, 01:32 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Finally got some heated gloves off e bay 112.50. Man they feel toasty. cant wait to ride with them. got a jacket coming also. now looks like I will need a thermostat. soon as it drys up a bit its time to breakout!

+Quote Post
Big_Ty
post Dec 18 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 82
MILES: 95000
YEAR: 2003
MILES: 66000

Sick..... Have tried the pants?

Joe I am asking for long johns for Christmas just for winter and my drive to Kentucky

+Quote Post
Grumpy
post Dec 21 2008, 01:33 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 38
BIKE: FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
MILES: 175,000

We went on our annual"fybo" ride yesterday.230 miles or so.Started off at around 40*,up to the low 50's and then back down to the low 30's at the higher elevation.Still snow on the side of the road,sand on the road for ice.
Wore Gerbing jacket liner under a sweatshirt and a leather jacket with their g3 heater gloves.Warm and comfortable the whole time.Only had the gloves turned up half way. (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/bike.gif) (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) Russ

+Quote Post
xusnatc
post Dec 21 2008, 03:02 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

QUOTE(Big_Ty @ Dec 18 2008, 01:47 PM) *
Joe I am asking for long johns for Christmas just for winter and my drive to Kentucky

(IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/beerbang1.gif) Now that's what I'm talking about !

+Quote Post
wholehog
post Dec 21 2008, 03:24 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Big_Ty @ Dec 18 2008, 01:47 PM) *
Sick..... Have tried the pants?

just remeber that newspapers is a good insulator (cheap too)

+Quote Post
HDROADGLIDE
post Dec 21 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

just remeber that newspapers is a good insulator (cheap too)
(IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/XmasROFL.gif) (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/XmasROFL.gif) (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/XmasROFL.gif) FUCKIN LOU!!!!!!!! (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif) (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif) (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

+Quote Post
JIMMYZ
post Dec 25 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

Call me a SISSY I don't care.

got my heated gloves and jacket out this morning. Left home it was 40 degrees. Rode 20 miles west to Parsons Tn. to check out the Bank temp it was a balmy 45 degrees. I had to turn them off a couple times, didn't get a thermostat with the gear. But i like em alot! Beats the CRAP out of newspaper! (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

+Quote Post
HDROADGLIDE
post Dec 25 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Beats the CRAP out of newspaper! hysterical. (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)
(IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/XmasROFL.gif) (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/XmasROFL.gif) (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/XmasROFL.gif) FUCKIN LOU!!!!!!!! (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif) (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif) (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif)

This post has been edited by HDROADGLIDE: Dec 25 2008, 09:54 PM

+Quote Post
lostinafog
post Dec 25 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #30

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,680
BIKE: XL1200R 1200 Roadster
MILES: 5053

hmmm... i'm not lookin for all that fancy stuff.. we live in carharts up here for six months out of the year..
but i have a friend with a new dodge truck and i sure like them butt warmers in it, does anybody know if i can get a heated seat for my sporty?

if not i may just have the local upholstry shop do a custom job for me..

+Quote Post
HDROADGLIDE
post Dec 26 2008, 09:19 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

i'm not lookin for all that fancy stuff.. we live in carharts up here for six months out of the year..
but i have a friend with a new dodge truck and i sure like them butt warmers in it, does anybody know if i can get a heated seat for my sporty?
(IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif) (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif) (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/hysterical.gif) AND YOU CALL A HEATED SEAT NOT FANCY HUH!!!! THAT FUCKIN SEAT ON A BIKE IS LIKE PISSIN IN DA WIND!!! GET THE GERBING SHIT AND BE DONE WITH IT!!! THE SEAT L KEEP YOUR CHEEKS A LIL WARM AND THE REST OF YOU WILL STILL FREEZE!!! GET THE FANCY STUFF AND BE WARM ALL OVER!!! (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

+Quote Post
Spurrs
post Dec 26 2008, 09:36 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

Member No.: 691
YEAR: 2017
MILES: Many

I gotta agree with Joey. My ass isn't what gets cold on a ride, it's the hands and torso.

+Quote Post
Sweetback
post Dec 26 2008, 09:42 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 25
BIKE: FLHX Street Glide
YEAR: 2007
MILES: 15K

I went for years bundling myself up. When I finally broke down and bought the heated jacket liner and gloves< I was like, "Why da fuck didn't I do this sooner". So now it's my carharts and Gerbing gear. (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/bike.gif)

+Quote Post
Grumpy
post Dec 26 2008, 02:59 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

A couple years ago after riding in fog in the 40's for three hours it took me around 4 hours in a house at 75* with my jacket still on to get warm.Right then and there I said fuck this!Last week we were out from 8am till 4 riding in anywhere from low 30's to low 50's.Over 200 miles.My Gerbing gloves and jacket liner kept me warm the whole ride.
Get the liner a little on the tight side,the contact keeps you warmer.I wear a tight fitting sweatshirt between the liner and my jacket.Works perfect.Gerbing warrantees the electrics for life. (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
Russ

+Quote Post
Blackcloud
post Mar 29 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,370
BIKE: FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide EFI
YEAR: 2009
MILES: 20,000
MILES: 50,500

It's an old thread, but it's my turn to post, so here goes...

Holy crap! Sunday we were out all day. It was in the upper 30's and low 40's. Our whole group was honest enough to bitch and complain about the temps. Our destination was a Harley dealer in Tennessee so our friend could by a '78 shovel. I told SL I had made up my mind that if the dealer had heated gloves, I was going to go ahead and get them. Well, they had them. They are more expensive than they ought to be, but dammit I was ready for warm gloves.

I wired the bike right there in their parking lot. When it came time to go, I fired the bike, turned on the gloves, dropped it into gear and before I got out of the parking lot they had warmed up. I am so pissed that I didn't get a pair several years ago. If you've ever been miserable with cold hands, these SOBs are just awesome.

Men's heated gloves
98323-09VM
MSRP US $185.00

This post has been edited by Blackcloud: Mar 29 2011, 09:08 PM

+Quote Post
Silverlining
post Mar 29 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 3,555
BIKE: FXSTC Softail Custom
YEAR: 2007
MILES: 10500
MILES: 35,500 original miles

QUOTE(Blackcloud @ Mar 29 2011, 09:07 PM) *
It's an old thread, but it's my turn to post, so here goes...

Holy crap! Sunday we were out all day. It was in the upper 30's and low 40's. Our whole group was honest enough to bitch and complain about the temps. Our destination was a Harley dealer in Tennessee so our friend could by a '78 shovel. I told SL I had made up my mind that if the dealer had heated gloves, I was going to go ahead and get them. Well, they had them. They are more expensive than they ought to be, but dammit I was ready for warm gloves.

I wired the bike right there in their parking lot. When it came time to go, I fired the bike, turned on the gloves, dropped it into gear and before I got out of the parking lot they had warmed up. I am so pissed that I didn't get a pair several years ago. If you've ever been miserable with cold hands, these SOBs are just awesome.

Men's heated gloves
98323-09VM
MSRP US $185.00

And no, I chose not to get any at this time. Why, mostly because of the price but I will get some soon. I do admit I was cold and should have went ahead and got them then but I am the one who chose not to get them. He offered but I said NO, not now. His friends are really giving him a rash of shit about it. I am a big girl and when I decide to get me a pair of heated gloves, I will.

+Quote Post
Fgowi
post Mar 29 2011, 09:24 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,095
BIKE: FLTRSEI Screamin Eagle Road Glide
YEAR: 2001
MILES: 70,000
BIKE: ***** BAGGERS *****
YEAR: 1111
MILES: 1

Yesterday when I left it was 29. Man, it was raw. So, yeah, I've been thinking about it. "T" bought me a First Gear heated jacket for Cali trip. I never would have bought heated gear. But hey, good stuff, man!!

Can't send me any sympathy cards.

This new bike has heated grips and heated seat. The heated seat is absolutely worthless. Two speeds, Japanese nuke plant and and surface of ths sun. Hate it. Have not used it even on really cold mornings.

The grips feel good but when it's bitter cold it's the outside of your hands that freeze. They don't do the trick either. I might be in the market come next fall. 'bout done with needing them for awhile I hope. If it makes you feel any better I think one model of First Gear gloves are $170.

BTW, I don't think yours would work with my First Gear jacket. Different plugs I was told by someone. HD is compatible with Gerbing stuff I do believe. You'd think there would be an adapter though.

Anyways, enjoy 'em. Any trouble with throttle or clutch control? In other words, are they really bulky or do you feel the wires?

+Quote Post
Blackcloud
post Mar 29 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,370
BIKE: FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide EFI
YEAR: 2009
MILES: 20,000
MILES: 50,500

HD heated gear IS Gerbing. The wire harness even says "Gerbing" right on the tag.
Can't feel the wires. It's really a metallic mesh of sorts, but you can't see it either because it's inside the glove and sealed. The fingers, thumb, and back of the hand is heated, so where grips don't help, this has you covered.

Bulky? Well, kind of an odd thing. You've met me. I'm not an imposing figure. But even at that, the large gloves would have been too tight. Tight gloves = cold hands. So I tried on XL. They fit better. However, on the way home maybe 30 minutes down the road, I got to noticing that the fingers were too long. When I pushed a button I had to really pay attention because the finger tips were all slack. To remedy this, I would recommend taking more time to consider the fit. I was so ready to get them suckers installed, I probably wasn't as patient with trying on the large ones.

I don't know if the plugs are different or not. They "look" the same to me. At one time HD heated gear plugs were just like the battery tender plug (side by side terminals, one exposed, one recessed). But in recent years, they are coaxial connectors.

+Quote Post
Fgowi
post Mar 30 2011, 08:57 AM
Post #39

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,095
BIKE: FLTRSEI Screamin Eagle Road Glide
YEAR: 2001
MILES: 70,000
BIKE: ***** BAGGERS *****
YEAR: 1111
MILES: 1

I guess I did know that HD gear is Gerbing.

I'm going to have to check it out. I was in a dealer the other day. Tried on a pair. Man they were nice, fit perfectly. The plug looked different. Coaxial, but the outside was fatter. Gonna have to check that out. I'd be happy to trade with you. Problem is I think I need a 2XL. That's what always seems to work. Even if there was an adapter, just another thing to lose.

Rode again this morning. I think it was over 30 when I left. (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) Close. LIke I said, I'll check 'em out.

+Quote Post
Grumpy
post Mar 30 2011, 09:34 AM
Post #40

Group Icon

I don't know about the Harley branded ones,but Gerbings will exchange for fit if you buy them online from them.
I have the Gerbings G5 gloves which are lighter than the regulars.Those and the heated jacket liner make 30* no problem.
Guys call me a pussy,I say you want a warm pussy or a cold one? (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Also, 2 of those guys finally got the gloves,are looking at the liner and saying "should have got them years ago". (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/yes.gif)
Russ

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 12:10 PM
Harley Shop Talk Established 05/05/05
Painting By: Dave Barnhouse / Hadley House Publishing, All Rights Reserved
HARLEY SHOP TALK IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH HARLEY-DAVIDSON®, INC.
HARLEY SHOP TALK: IF WE AIN'T TALKIN' HARLEYS, WE'RE TALKIN' $#*%!