Member No.: 1,095
BIKE: FLTRSEI Screamin Eagle Road Glide
YEAR: 2001
MILES: 70,000
BIKE: ***** BAGGERS *****
YEAR: 1111
MILES: 1

QUOTE(madmech @ Mar 30 2011, 09:34 AM) *
I don't know about the Harley branded ones,but Gerbings will exchange for fit if you buy them online from them.
I have the Gerbings G5 gloves which are lighter than the regulars.Those and the heated jacket liner make 30* no problem.
Guys call me a pussy,I say you want a warm pussy or a cold one? (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Also, 2 of those guys finally got the gloves,are looking at the liner and saying "should have got them years ago". (IMG:http://www.harleyshoptalk.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/yes.gif)
Russ

Totally agree, Russ. I thoroughly enjoyed my ride in this morning. Need dem gloves though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
badco_67
post Mar 30 2011, 09:53 AM
Post #42

Group Icon

Group: BOTM Winner's Circle
Member No.: 840
BIKE: FLHRCI Road King Classic EFI
YEAR: 1999
MILES: 27000

I have the HD (gerbing) heated gloves, that I bought at a dealer in July at 50% off. I also have a gerbing heated pants and jacket liner, that I bought through Ebay at considerable discounts. They work great, last fall my last day of riding was Nov. 30 with temps in low 30's....Now I just need a full face helmet and my batwing fairing to keep the wind off my hands, and some tunes....

+Quote Post
SeaHag
post Mar 30 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

Member No.: 224
AKA:Dragon Slayer
BIKE: FLTRI Road Glide EFI
YEAR: 2005
MILES: 47,000 +

Timely subject. I used a bit of my tax refund money [$115] to purchase some electric glove liners from cozy winters.

http://cozywinters.com/shop/wg-hglc.html

According to their site, their coax connectors are compatible with HD and Gerbing equipment also. I went with the liners because they are less expensive and if I were to go down and ruin the outside of a pair of gloves, the electric part will hopefully be saved and I can just buy a new pair of leather gloves to wear over the top. Just made more sense to me to have the flexibility as well. I opted for their simple 3 way heat controller with simple Hi/Med/Low settings which also made this purchase a little cheaper than the rheostat controlled infinitely adjustable heat controllers...but I'm sure this will work just fine for my hands. My hands have been the only thing I haven't been able to keep warm enough on past trips. Last year going through that snowfilled mountain pass with Mike on the way to California, my hands HURT so bad even with 3 layers of gloves on that I was determined to have these before this next season.

I haven't used the product yet other than to try them on; but I'm impressed with how comfortable they are to wear. They don't feel like their are wires in them at all and they are very soft and thin.

+Quote Post
screwball
post Apr 5 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

From: Santa Clarita, SoCal & Bullhead City, Az. OFFICIAL 2nd OLDEST MEMBER
Member No.: 306
BIKE: F-series
YEAR: 2015
MILES: TRIKE

This new bike has heated grips and heated seat. The heated seat is absolutely worthless. Two speeds, Japanese nuke plant and and surface of ths sun. Hate it. Have not used it even on really cold mornings.

Fucking Bruce, snot and iced tea all over my shirt and desk. Gotta stop drinking and reading these posts!

On subject. Electric riding gear (even in SoCal) is a must to keep Vesta on the road year round. 4 or 5 years ago in mid July in Santa Barbara we stopped at the local Harley dealer for a drink and look around. They had all their remaining heated stuff on sale, 75% off!!!!! Fortunately for me they had a double extra fat jacket and gloves. Vesta got gloves, jacket, and pants. Keep them rolled up in my saddle bags. installed a plug on the dash of both bikes for easy plug-in.

Also bought (last year) the wet vests! Soak them in water for about 5 minutes, they hold the water and evaporate for the next 2 to 3 hours. Drops body core temperature 10 to 15 degrees. REALLY great for the desert out here where the relative humidity is usually only 1 digit.

+Quote Post
bad news
post Feb 23 2015, 01:38 PM
Post #45

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,801
BIKE: FLSTN Nostalgia and Softail Deluxe
YEAR: 2005
MILES: 10000

I am fortunate to live 15 miles from the Gerbling world headquarters in Stoneville NC. I owned a jacket liner and gloves and they really worked great on my 05 Softail Deluxe. We planned a fall ride int nth Georgia and the Great Smokies of Nc and Tenn. We also rode the Dragon. So before the trip, I bought the pants and socks. The morning our group left Greensboro, it was 28 degrees. We rode about 350 miles and I was toasty all day. The next day we were doing some cruising at slower speeds and made a stop at Coopers Creek Store. When I tried to crank my bike, the 6 month old hd brand battery was to weak to crank it. After pushing the bike off, I turned off the suit and running lights and finished the ride oK. The bike recharged the battery, but I noticed then for the past months it was straining to turn over, but it would fire up.
The other weekend we were riding near Boone NC and my bike would not crank after a gas stop. I was running no accessories at the time. I got it fired but it slowly died like Harley's do when the ecm shuts down. I was lucky that it quit next to Advance auto, and I was forced to buying a mega crank battery.
My question is can I upgrade my 38 amp alternator and use my heated gear again, or is it time for a touring bike. They are 40 amp high output alternates out there, but do I need to do any upgrades to the Ecm to run the HO.

+Quote Post
Blackcloud
post Feb 23 2015, 08:07 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,370
BIKE: FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide EFI
YEAR: 2009
MILES: 20,000
MILES: 50,500

That's a fair question. I don't know. I think sick puppy might have some insight to that.

+Quote Post
screwball
post Feb 23 2015, 08:18 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

From: Santa Clarita, SoCal & Bullhead City, Az. OFFICIAL 2nd OLDEST MEMBER
Member No.: 306
YEAR: 2015
MILES: TRIKE

I'm sure everyone has noticed that this thread was started in 2008, and resurrected in 2011 and 2015

+Quote Post
Sick_Puppy
post Feb 23 2015, 08:25 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

Member No.: 52
AKA:HST Spiritual Advisor
BIKE: FXSTS Springer Softail
YEAR: 1984
MILES: 220251

I have a 32 amp stator on my Softail and use a Gerbling jacket liner/glove combo and have run at near full heat all day with no trouble ever.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 09:58 AM
Harley Shop Talk Established 05/05/05
Painting By: Dave Barnhouse / Hadley House Publishing, All Rights Reserved
HARLEY SHOP TALK IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH HARLEY-DAVIDSON®, INC.
HARLEY SHOP TALK: IF WE AIN'T TALKIN' HARLEYS, WE'RE TALKIN' $#*%!